What's new

Need help with wireless head phones (1 Viewer)

Weezard69

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I have a Samsung Home Entertainment System, HT-5500. I play all my sound, TV, Radio, DVD's, music on flash drives, through this system. I wanted to purchase a set of headphones to keep down the noise at night while my wife sleeps. But I have discovered that there is no headphone jack on my Home Entertainment System. There are two spare USB ports. Can I hook up wireless headphones to this system? What do I need to buy to get this up and running?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless it has an analog audio output... Nothing. But, if it doesn't, you could always get a heaphone amp and hook up the analog from the sources you wish to hear.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Looked it up on Samsung's website. If it is the HT-C5500, no you can't connect anything to it for audio output. You'll have to find some other device for your flash drives. Does your TV have an audio output? If it does the C5500 "should" have a setting for sending audio to the TV...in which case that would work.

Weezard69

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
The Home Entertainment System (HES) is the Samsung HT-D5500. I am hooked up to the TV through the HDMI output. The HES has ARC (Audio REturn Channel) so I listen to everythinf through the HES. The Samsung HES has an un-used Digital Audio In jack, and un-used component out jacks (red/white) in the back. I was hoping there was a USB transmiter system for wireless headphones , but if not, Can I use the RC out jacks with a wireless headphone set-up? And if I used those connections for the headphones would I have to somehow turn off my 5.1 speakers that are hooked up to the Samsing HES?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtAD