What's new

Need help with Wega KV36FS13 (1 Viewer)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I have had my KV36FS13 for about 2 months now and love it. As this is my first real TV, I am a bit uneducated on how to fix problems etc. This problem occurs for the most part during cable television. When I'm watching cable and the left hand corner is domininantly white/cream/light gray...I can easily see yellow coming through the color listed above. Make sense? For the most part, the white will turn yellow in the bottom left hand corner. For instance, if I'm watching the CUBS and one of their white uniforms moves into the corner of the screen, that portion of it turns yellow. Some people have told me to turn the TV on and off. That doesn't make much sense to me, and has not worked. Do I have a bad set or do I need to make some kind of change? I didn't notice the problem until about 30 days after watching it. If it was like this out of the box, I would have seen it the first time. Any insight or help on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...
------------------
-- Chicago is New York done right. --

John Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have any speakers near the TV? How about florecent lights? They usually won't produce a yellowish tint, but that could be the cause of one area of the screen showing the wrong colors. If it's isolated to one area, it probably is either environmental or something wrong with the set?

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
John,
Thank you for the reply. I do not have any speakers close enough to the TV to be causing this problem. As well, I do not have any fluorescent lights. Thanks again...
------------------

JasonRH

Second Unit
I went through a few of these sets and they all had a color uniformity problem to some extent that seemed to get worse with time. You could have a tech come and degauss it but it will not likely help. You may have to live with it. Good luck.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Just bringing this back up. I appreciate the help. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Thank You.
------------------

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a classic case of the uneven brightness problem
frown.gif

You're gonna have to go into the service menu and dial down the sbrt parameter a bit.
Instructions: entering and exiting the service menu
1a. turn TV off
1b. point the remote at the TV, and consecutively press DISPLAY, 5, VOL+, and POWER (on)
2. to navigate use 1 and 4 on the remote to switch between parameters
3. press 3 and 6 on the remote to decrease or increase the parameter value.
4. to save press MUTING then ENTER, to reset EVERYTHING press 8 then ENTER. When saving, there will be a line that says write which will turn red for a second upon saving.
Scroll to the "sbrt" parameter and toggle it down (~12, I think the factory setting is 16) & follow step 4 to save.
You may have to go further (~6 or 7)
Lemme know what happens. Oh one more thing, you should be watching your Wega in a warm, low brightness mode, perhaps "MOVIE" mode. Of course, proper color calibration is handled best with a DVD like AVIA guide to Home Theater.
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

JasonRH

Second Unit
Doesn't sound like uneven brightness to me, but is either convergence errors or a uniformity problem. I wouldn't fool with SBRT in order to correct color problems since that item has nothing to do with it. Have a tech degauss it with a degaussing coil and if it doesn't help then exchange it or find a way to live with it. I had to settle after a couple of exchanges myself :). Good luck.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I, too, thought this sounded like there were some unshielded speaker systems sitting too close by. If not, I would not put much hope in degaussing. Unplugging the set for a while, then plugging it back in and turning it on should cause the Sony's own degaussing mechanism to kick in.
Quite frankly, I'd consider exchanging the unit.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

JasonRH

Second Unit
I agree with Jack in that I would exchange it if it makes you unhappy but know that it is unlikely to get a screen without color/brightness uniformity problems. The degaussing wand probably won't work but it is worth a try and probably much more effective than the internal degaussing mechanism within the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.