What's new

Need help with Video/Audio setup... (1 Viewer)

Brandon Bowen

Auditioning
I am putting together a video/audio setup for my dorm and was wanting some help. I already have a receiver, Sony DA5ES, and will be getting a Sony 34XBR910 when they come out. I was wondering what I should go with as far as speakers and wiring. I will be hooking up my XBOX and Gamecube, along with my computer to the receiver. Both gaming systems have component input and the xbox has optical audio output. The computer also has optical audio output. If you could help me out on a speaker choice, I'm looking in the sub-$1000 range, as well as what wires to get and where from. Also, I was wondering if any of you recommend an all-in-one remote such as the MX-500? Thanks for all the help.

Brandon.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Brandon—two very different suggestions. The first at far below your price point is the Acoustic Research HC6 system. Very fine sound at $300–$400.

The second is a bit closer to your budget. The
ELT system from Rocket is due to arrive at their offices today. I heard this demonstrated at Dallas (in the room shown) and it is a very fine value at $900.

You can ready the press release
here by clicking on the ELT link.

Travis-J

Agent
I think there was a very similar post on here not long ago about someone wanting dorm room speakers, you may want to try to find his. Personally I quite like paradigms, good speakers for the money, for $1000 you should be able to get a pretty decent setup. Titans for the fronts a cc170 center atoms for the rear and a sub, should run you around $1000 cdn,

I paid $415 pls tax for my two titans and my center. including 40 feet of speaker wire.
I use the titans as my rears, great little speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks