Need help with Toshiba 50H81 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher LM, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Christopher LM

Christopher LM Auditioning

Hello everyone:

I have a question in regards to convergence with the Toshiba 50h81. I recently purchased this set earlier this summer. I had performed the basic 9 point user convergence the other day after letting the set warm up for about 30 minutes. Watched about 5 minutes of a dvd and on a whim, decided to call up the 9 point convergence grid again. To my shock, the blue convergence on 1,4,7 had drastically shifted after only a few minutes.

I alligned the convergence again, and watched a few minutes and then turned the set off. The next day, I turned the set on, immediately called up the convergence grid and found that 1, 4, 7 were way off with both blue and red, and that 3, 6, 9 were slightly off with red. 2, 8, and the center (5) were unchanged.

Is this normal for a relatively new set for the convergence to drift so quickly and so often and does it eventually settle down after about 100 hours. Is this one of the reasons they recommend waiting 100 hours before having an ISF tech come out?

Or is there a serious problem with the CRTs that is preventing the set to hold its convergence?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

2. Christopher LM

Christopher LM Auditioning

Just read some prior posts on the same topic, and wanted to add additional ifo to clarify my particular situation/question...

I'm concerned because after letting the set warm up, the convergence will often drift after only five minutes after performing the 9-point. Am I supposed to save it? I was under the impression that you only need to save when performning the 56-point. Should I press touch focus after performing 9-point?

Thanks

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i think you need to wait for 100 hours before you calibrate the tv. i am not an expert, i just read about it here. before 100 hours...that is what you get.