need help with TM:B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

This is my first TM game and I am not doing well. I play on easy and it's still tough.
    1. How important are energy attacks? Right now freeze is the only one I use; usually with a zoomy.
    2. How do you do endurance? My record in snowy pass is three. I usually get two. Help.
    3. The things that fix the cars, is it only for me or can the AI use them as well? Is it a fixed number of uses or by amount repaired?
    4. What's the best all round car? I use the hearse because it's cool.
    jeremy

2. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    Well, first off, just stick with it! Every TM game that has been released has taken a few hours of gameplay to get the controls down perfect. I'm playing on medium now since I can whip the easy level....well, easily.

3. ryan_m

ryan_m Stunt Coordinator

I basically agree with all of the above.
    Energy attacks are ESSENTIAL IMO. I use shields and freeze as much as I can. If someone is in front of me I try to freeze them. If I'm getting blasted from behind (or from all over) I make sure I get my shields on quick. I have never really used invisibility much. When you are playing against a 2nd player the winner is usually the one who can freeze the other person most.
    I've been playing Twisted Metal for like 5 years now and I'm having trouble with endurance too. My record is 6 I believe. I haven't really found a trick yet. I just try to keep moving (gun and run) and always be searching out power-ups, usually from helicopters.
    I haven't seen any AI cars used the power stations, that would be pretty annoying if they did since they are limited use. I think it's the number of times you use it not how much energy you actually get from it. I always try to wait till I'm in the red to use them. AI cars do take power-ups and weapons. That's always annoying.
    Not sure which is the best all around car. I might agree with Roadkill, though I never play him. I think it's just personal preferance. I love Grimm. He can REALLY get his ass kicked cause he has like no armor, but he's really fast and his weapon totally kicks ass. He was my fav car in TM2 also. A few shots with his special and a car is gone. Freeze and Grimms special is probably the most deadly combination of the game (well from the initial cars). My friend really likes being Sweettooth cause he's got good armor and his weapon kicks ass (and it's good cause if you are sweettooth than you won't have to actually fight sweettooth). Way too slow for me. I would just pick a car you like and stick with it for awhile. That way you can get really good with it. I like Shadow though I don't think her weapon is the easist to connect with (which is very important). Thanks for the tip about her 2nd special. That has happened to me many times and I'm always like how the heck did that happen. I've gotten all the locked characters (except Minion) so I'll be trying them more (in the endurance) cause they tend to kick ass. They are all pretty slow though which really bugs me.

4. Aaron Copeland

Aaron
    quote:
    Thanks for the tip about her 2nd special. That has happened to me many times and I'm always like how the heck did that happen. I've gotten all the locked characters (except Minion) so I'll be trying them more (in the endurance) cause they tend to kick ass. They are all pretty slow though which really bugs me.
    [/quote]
    Several of the cars have 2nd specials. For Axle, if you do the same thing (press up, up, up with his Special weapons selected), he will pull his tires in over himself (with him closed inside). I still haven't figured out if this is purely defensive or if it is an offensive weapon meant to ram people. I did kill a couple of small cars with Axle doing that (ramming), but it didn't seem to have any effect on the large vehicles (Manslaughter, Darkside).
    Also, Outlaw has two specials you can use at once. When you use his special he pops out the top of his car with his machine gun...but while he is doing this, if you keep tapping the fire button he will shoot out missiles too. It counts them up like like the zoomy. So it's possible to not only get a car with the special machine gun, but also hit them with 10/10 missiles and get the damage bonus...this is a very powerful move. The missiles sometimes seem hard to get to work correctly...I think you may need to be close to the enemy before that will actually fire.
    About Minion...I admit, I cheated. I used those codes I posted earlier to unlock him. To unlock him...
    Spoiler:
    ...you have to beat the game with every person, including the locked characters. That would take weeks and just seemed like more work that I cared for. So I just used the one hit kills code to go through with everyone and unlock him. Now I can use any character I want at my leisure...just more fun, IMO.

What difficulty setting have you guys been playing on? I have been using "easy", but I think I'm going to move up to "medium" tonight. I played through with Roadkill last night fairly easily and managed to kill the final boss, Spoiler:Warhawk, with out dying. So time to move up...
    Aaron

5. ryan_m

ryan_m Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I did know that they were supposed to have either 2nd specials of variations of their specials. Didn't know that they were triggered with the d-pad though. My girlfriend was playin Axel and that kept happening and we couldn't figure it out. I know for Outlaw the missle thing will only work if you are locked on with the laser site. I was playing with Yellowjacket and I noticed his special does more damage if you ram people instead of firing it. If you turbo into people it says "turbo bonus". If you know of any other specials post em here (make sure you don't start another thread, wouldn't want to annoy anyone [​IMG] ).
    I also cheated to get the locked characters. Well I didn't just discover how to get them myself and got the info from somewhere. Getting Axel was such a pain in the ass. I think using codes/cheats on some games is pretty lame but for me the fun of TM is just playing it, not really trying to discover things and whatnot. I do like that the boards/cars are locked though, I just don't want to HAVE to figure it all out if I don't want to. Do you know if Warhawk can be unlocked?
    I've been playing on easy but will probably move up to medium pretty soon. I'm starting to be able to cruise through pretty easily.
    To update my previous post, I used Warthog last night and finally got 10 kills on Snowy Roads in endurance mode. Pretty tough.

6. Randy T

Randy T Auditioning

From everything I've read, Warhawk is not a playable character. [​IMG]

7. Aaron Copeland

Aaron