What's new

Need Help With The Vertical Hold On My Old JVC Monitor (1 Viewer)

Brad Wood

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
I need some help with my old 27" JVC Monitor model AV2759. It's almost 13 years old, but I've never had an issue with it and I'm waiting for plasmas to drop in price. The only issue that I have with it has been the vertical hold. On channels like CNN with scrolls at the bottom, I can't read them and it cuts off subtitles on some of the movies that I watch. I see no vertical hold on the rear of the monitor and there's nothing in the manual that tells me how to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there is a service code for this monitor that I can get into it? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Brad Woodhouse
Edina, MN

Kevin P

Screenwriter
That wouldn't be a vertical hold adjustment, it would be vertical size. The adjustment may be accessible through a screwdriver hole in the back of the set (look for a hole with the printing "Vert. Size" or "V.Size". If possible, put up a VE or Avia overscan pattern so you can see where you stand in terms of position and size. Use an insulated mini-screwdriver to adjust the trim. If you can get the overscan down to 5% or less you should be golden.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks