What's new

Need help with the sparkles.... (1 Viewer)

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
Lately I have been getting these sparkles running across my screen of all my tv's in the house...just the lower VHF (2-6) channels. There is also an aggravating noise that goes with it. It's at it's worse when the temperature drops...below 50 degrees or so, the colder it gets, the worse it is...during the summer, they go completely away. I've checked for any running motors (ie washing machine, refrigerator, attic fans, ceiling fans, AC/Heat) to no avail. My tv is on a APC UPS, great AC filter.

I tempted to try some type of terrestrial filter on the antenna input into my dss multiswitch. Has anyone else experienced this...if so how did you fix it?

I live in New Orleans. All TV transmitters are East/SouthEast of me at about 30-35miles away. As for the terrain, it don't get no flatter than this!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Tim K.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Sounds like the sort of interference we used to get back in the 50s and 60s when a poorly tuned automobile was running nearby--spark interference. In addition to autos, electric motors and nearby powerline transformers can cause this.
My dad in Sacramento gets his local channels over the air from a roof antenna--gets the same thing on channels below vhf 6. If he uses his vcr tuner it's not too bad, don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks