What's new

Need help with Surround Sound connections please!! (1 Viewer)

GoldenPie

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Bunyan
I have just upgraded to Blu Ray and Hi Def TV and was hoping that my Panasonic DMPBD45EB-K Blu Ray would connect to the existing 5.1 surround sound speakers already in place from the previous Panasonic SC HT 520 DVD Home Theatre system but the cable from the subwoofer is a completely different connection to any of the inputs on the rear of the Blu Ray player.

The booklet for the Blu Ray states that is supports 5.1 so is there an adaptor or any other way of playing the 5.1 through existing speakers?

Thanks for any help guys.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to tell you this, but the blu-ray player that you bought is just that, it plays blu-rays and DVD's, it is not a complete home theater package that acts as a receiver and DVD player. You will need a receiver, or need to somehow route sound back through your old system to be able to get any audio other than the TV speakers.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
As already pointed out, the Blu-ray player is simply that, a player. It is not a full blown home theater system like the SC-HT520. From looking at the manual for the SC-HT520, it appears that it does not have any digital audio inputs; the only aux input I can find is analog. So, you could hook the red/white analog outputs from the BD player to the old system and get sound, but it will not be discrete 5.1 audio. In order to get 5.1, you need some kind of 5.1 receiver/system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks