What's new

Need help with sub selection/placement for my room... (1 Viewer)

Jason Price

Second Unit
I am preparing to finish my basement, but before I do, I want to run the wires for all my speakers. I have most of my system assembled at this time except for a sub (and rears, but that's a different story). I've never owned a sub and know very little about placement. So, I turn to you guys. I need recommendations on subs to purchase (based on my system) and where to place it (more important at this time, for wiring purposes).

Here's a rough-up of my basement (furniture not to scale):

basement_dimensions2.gif

It's not going to be a "dedicated" room in the truest sense of the word, but it's primary function is definitely going to be movies/entertainment. The wide opening into the Theater Room is going to remain open. The small opening (into the Pool Table room will likely have a door). The unlabeled boxes are speakers.

As for sub selection, here's the rest of my equipment:
[*]Yamaha RXV-2095[*]Paradigm Reference Studio 80's[*]Paradigm Reference CC[*]Panasonic A110 DVD player[*]Sony SAT-T60 DirecTivo

Will probably be 70/30 movies/music. Price range is around $600. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So, to sum it all up, I'm primarily looking for sub placement advice (so I can run the wires behind the walls) and secondarily for sub recommendations.

Thanks. :)

------------------
-Jason

If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything...

Jason Price

Second Unit
Anyone have any input?
------------------
-Jason
If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks