What's new

need help with stand dimensions for 46" TV (1 Viewer)

Tom#B

Stunt Coordinator
I am purchasing the Toshiba 46H84. I plan to have a woodworker build me an oak stand for it. If anyone has this set, or any comparably sized set, would you please tell me the dimensions of the top surface of your stand and the height of your stand. Also, if you would recommend something taller or shorter, please tell me that.

Thank you.

Tom

Tom#B

Stunt Coordinator
PhilBoy:

Thanks for the reply. That makes me second-guess myself a bit. I looked at a lot of different stands being sold at Best Buy, and based on what I saw I'm planning to have the top of my stand approx 22" high. Now I'm wondering if that's too high. I can still change things because the stand hasn't been built yet. Do you think 3" is enough for a set that is really designed to be a table-top model?

Tom

PhilBoy

Second Unit
I find eye level mid-screen more immersive.

When I get the Tosh in the flesh I might change the height.

The deal I have pending includes the stand, but it is going to make the display height too much for my current couch.

Some year if I get proper HT seats the stand may be useful, but by that time I will probably be hunting for a 3 DMD 1080p DLP set or FP.

Hey wanna buy a stand ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks