What's new

Need help with speaker settings on Samsung TV (1 Viewer)

ryano2121

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan OConnor
I have a Samsung LN52B550K1FXZA and a Yamaha HTR5935. I have HDMI's between the TV/DVD and the TV/DVR. I have optical audio cables between the DVD/TV and the DVR/TV. I have a Wii connected to the TV with components.

With my old TV, I could play Wii and have the sound come through the surround sound speakers. Now, when I play Wii (TV set to Comp1), no sound comes out the surround sound speakers. I have to go through a PIA process of changing the TV speaker setting to Internal, then back to External when I am done with the Wii.

Is there a way to get the Wii sound to come through the surround sound speakers?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Originally Posted by ryano2121
I have a Wii connected to the TV with components.
You don't say how the Wii is connected for audio. Component connection is video only.
If using optical or digital coax, you may need to assign the input you use, in the A/V receiver, to the Wii. If you just use the red & white analog cables, just push the button, for whatever input you used on receiver (VCR, MD, etc.)

ryano2121

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan OConnor
I have the component cable setup that comes for the Wii - red, green, blue and red/white audio plugged into the TV.

I have HDMI from the TV to DVR. HDMI from TV to DVD.

Optical from DVD to receiver. Optical from DVR to receiver.

I have an optical output on the TV, which I assume would give me the sound from the Wii, but I only have 2 optical inputs on the receiver which are already taken.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
The optical output on the tv is for getting 5.1 surround, with the internal tuner, while using an antenna. It's not for a daisy chain connection, like you mention. The few tvs that will even pass audio that way, will downmix surround signal to 2.0, and send to the receiver. So, the best you can hope for is Dolby Pro Logic II (simulated surround). But hooked up with the red & white cables for audio, pro logic is all you'll get anyway.

You can get an optical splitter, that will allow hooking up more optical sources. It's not expensive. I've heard they work pretty good. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2946&seq=1&format=2
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks