Need Help With Sony Trinitron

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryant Brunner, May 22, 2001.

1. Bryant Brunner

The last couple of DVD's that I've watched have produced a letterbox that is two inches on one side and three on the other. At first, I thought that it might be a software problem but its not, everything is presented at an angle.
    Its not bad enough for me get another TV, it just one of those things that my eye gets drawn to. Anyone have any ideas of what the problem is?

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

If it's not too late, RETURN IT!!!
    If it's still in warrantee, GET IT FIXED.
    Eventually, it will drive you crazy.
    Guess how I know....
    My cheap 27" bedroom Sony does exactly the same thing.
    I'm moving this to TVs and monitor area.
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Is what you're describing a tilt problem? If so, you should be able to see the slope of the screen on any material, not just dvds. Not being familiar with Sony tvs, I can't say how you might go about fixing it if it is a tilt problem. Some tvs require a manual adjustment made to the yoke while other sets and monitors have a tilt adjustment from a user accessible system menu.
    --tom

4. Chris Kayser

Chris Kayser Extra

I second the opinion to take back/get fixed, if possible. It drove me crazy. Once I knew it was there, I couldn't take my eyes off it.
    If you try to have it fixed, check your set geometry real good before the tech leaves. Although they may just be trying to adjust the tilt, messing with yoke may inadvertently causing bowing on horizontal lines if the yoke gets moved back and forward even a little. I know because it happened to me.