What's new

Need help with Sony HT SF200 Home Theater and PS3! (1 Viewer)

MattDeF

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I'm desperately trying to get down to some serious GTA4 action but I am having trouble.

I have a Sony PS3 hooked into my Sony HT SF2000 home theater via HDMI connection.

Then I have a HDMI to DVI cable going from the reciever to my Sony projection TV.

Now, I am getting picture, but no sound out of the home theater speakers.

The PS3 is plugged into the DVD input.

If the PS3 is off, and the receiver is on the DVD input setting, the display on the reciever says "DVD" and the L, R, and Sub speakers are lit up.

As soon as I turn on my PS3, the speakers go away and HDMI lights up.

Is there a setting in the PS3 menu I have to change?

I went into audio setting and tried to change the output, but it won't let me. It just stays at the default setting and won't let me switch it.

Also, I thought that maybe something was getting screwed up because the receiver is connected to the TV via HDMI to DVI (which doesn't carry audio), but I don't need audio out of the TV speakers, just the surround sound.

HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Bluzman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
The DVI connection to the TV is the issue. I'll bet if you RTFM, you'll find a disclaimer in there that says Sony doesn't recommend an HDMI-DVI connection and that it might not work. My STR-DG1000 has this CYA statement as has every other recent Sony AVR manual I've read. The is an issue with a few other receiver manufacturers too but it seems to be a consistent problem with Sony AVRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks