What's new

need help with setting crossover, please help! (1 Viewer)

Shoaib Lateef

Second Unit
well, i've got a 5.1 set-up

my sub has a knob on the back to set the crossover, as does my receiver..

the receiver has only 3 pre-programmed settings for crossover -- 80, 100, and 120

so my question is, what IS crossover and to what should i set it?

i have two "large" fronts, a fairly large center (but have it set to "small" in my receiver setting), two small rear surrounds and a large sub.

can anyone help?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Set all your speakers to small, use the 80Hz x-over first and see how it sounds, and turn the knob on the sub all the way up.

Crossover is the point at which frequencies are blended from the main speakers to the sub, because the sub is designed to handle low bass information.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Hello.

The cross over is what separates the frequency range. Basically sending low frequencies to your sub and the higher frequencies to your other speakers. You have the settings correct RE:small speakers in your receiver. The next step is if your subwoofer does not have a switch to bypass the crossover, try setting it to the highest level. By doing this you avoid having cascading crossovers. Then set the crossover to 80 in your receiver.
Hope this helps
Mike D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks