Need help with sanity effect in Eternal Darkness

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

There's one sanity effect mentioned in every gamer's guide and faq regarding the one where Alex Roivas walks into the upper stairs hallway and discovers two Flintlock pistols floating down the hallway to the room where Maximillian Roivas killed his servants. How do I get it to work?

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Whoa! That's a new one on me. I'd be interested to see that one myself. I probably missed it since every time the game switches back to Alex I automatically up my insanity meter with magic [​IMG]. Hopefully somebody can answer this...

3. Dome Vongvises

That's the thing though. On my second playthrough, I kept Alex's sanity low on purpose to see all the cool shit. That is but one of the many sanity effects I never got to see. Evidently, there's a Shakespeare one.

4. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I never saw half of the sanity effects. For some reason or another I just managed to avoid them somehow. I did see a few, but never got the really cool ones, like the flies crawling across the screen, erasing game saves, things like that.

Oh, well. I never finished the game the 2nd and 3rd time, so maybe then.

Glen

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

The fly crawling across the screen is very effective. If you're far enough away it looks insanely real. The TV shutting off is a kicker too :p).

Picking the green artifact seems to affect sanity most, since you encounter more of the sanity-sucking green creatures.

The problem is, it's a little TOO easy to get your sanity back in ED, one of my few complaints with it. They should've limited the number of spells cast or else just confined all the restorative magic into items.

6. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Yep. Later on you can just keep casting spells to bring your sanity back... but, early on it's pretty effective.

Glen

7. Dome Vongvises

I went through it a third time, and I still can't get it to work. What gives?