What's new

need help with rp82 (1 Viewer)

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony kp-61hs10 TV. This is my first progressive scan dvd player. When I hooked up the 82 all I get is a green picture. I am going to get more component cables now. Anyone have any ideas?

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Mike.. Sounds to me that you don't have the cables connected properly. 3 cables connected to the same color on the player and the set.

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
The cables are hooked up right. I've checked them several times. My TV has two places to hook up component video cables. If I put them in one set on the TV I get green picture. If I put them in the other set I get a picture that is split down the middle with a black bar. In this second option it will play in interlaced mode. In the first option I get green picture in both interlaced and progressive. I went and bought different cables but no change. I tried the horizontal shift on the 82 but it doesn't move the picture nearly enough. Hope someone has some ideas. Thanks Mike

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Happy viewing. As Patrick has noted, glad you were able to troubleshoot the problem yourself. The best way to learn!!!

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
I was using a Sony s3000. I've been trying to talk my wife into upgrading the dvd player for a year. Her theory is if it's not broke don't fix it. I bought the RP82 at a local dealer for 212.00 including tax. He told me if we didn't see an improvement worthy of the 200.00 bucks we could bring it back for full refund. Great guy to deal with. Needless to say we will be keeping it. Much better picture. thanks again, Mike

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I also had an old Sony DVP-S3000 and paid $600 back on Christmas of 1997. I remember there only being T2 and Twister available to buy on DVD when the player was first released. I am glad I jumped on the bandwagon first because a lot of people had their doubts saying DVD was going to be like BETA is to VHS. My Sony S3000 was very reliable and never skipped a beat in the 4 years I owned it. I remember comparing to an Apex AD-600 and it blew the Apex's pixelated picture away. Then I bought the JVC XV-SA70 and via component output it really just blew the Sony S3000 in interlaced away by being more 3D and sharper. Now I have the RP82 which has an even more 3D and sharper picture then my JVC XV-SA70 so it resides hooked up to the 57" HDTV. I have also found my JVC XV-SA70 to be very reliable since I have had it for 1 1/2 years now. It hasn't skipped a beat yet either. I just hope my RP82 will give me good luck also as far as reliability. I gave my S3000 to my brother inlaw so we will see if it makes it to the 10yr mark. Enjoy your Rp82 and the wonderul PQ it puts out for $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks