need help with room

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Alain.P, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Alain.P

Alain.P Extra

Good evening all,

I need to repaint my living room to install my home theater 2 questions i have for the group

1. What popular color are you using for your home theater room that will not reflect light

2. I wanted to add a drawing of my actual room but there is no option to attach a file therefore my living room is 138 inches X 141 inches X 166 inches X 96 inches. On the 166 inches wall there is a 96 inches wide windows covers with velvet drape. The entrance to the living room is also covered with velvet drape. THis is causing a challenge to setup the HT gear any suggestions

alain

2. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

To answer #1- Ideally, flat black. However, most of us consider that to be ugly, so just get as dark a color as you can stand. I use a two tone scheme, with a dark plum on the lower half and a dark magenta on the upper half. I used a satin paint, you might want to use a flat paint instead. Don't use semigloss!! My ceiling is the dark grey of auralex accoustical foam, and my carpet is mostly black. Of course, I'm not using my living room. After you post 5 times (I think), you can post a link, so you might want to wait until then, and the post some flooplans to help with you other question.

3. Alain.P

Alain.P Extra

Thanks Chris for your suggestion

4. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator