What's new

Need Help with reciever (1 Viewer)

cdnmedic

Auditioning
Real Name
Al
Hey Folks,

I'm new to the forum and this will be my first post of many I am sure. I would appreciate any help you could give me here.
So first question. Hopefully an easy one. I have a Yamaha RX V496 reciever in my home theater. Looking to upgrade soon but Xmas is coming. I can't seem to figure out how to get DTS decoding to work. I have the Panasonic BD 30 hooked up to it via digital coax cable and just cant figure out how to get the proper DTS. Do I need an external decoder? I've tried looking through the manual but i'm out of ideas.

Any ideas?

John Gido

Second Unit
Check pg22 of your owner's manual. Make sure your Yamaha is set to "auto" to detect the digital/dts signal for the DVD/LD input. Also, make sure that "Tape Monitor" is not selected.

Other than that, check the output setting on you DVD player to make sure that the DTS signal is being sent to your receiver.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
With regular dvd players, you need to go into the setup menus and set the audio output to "Bitstream". They don't usually come from the factory, ready to play DD or DTS. Sometimes DTS is a separate option, need to set to "ON". I'm not sure if BD players have the same option.

When receiver is set to "Auto", it will automatically go to the DD track, when a DD signal is received. But, for DTS, you need to manually choose the DTS soundtrack in the movie's menus, under "audio setup" or "Languages". Receiver will not automatically choose DTS track, unless it's the only digital track available.
Hope this helped. Good luck!

cdnmedic

Auditioning
Real Name
Al
Thanks for the input I appreciate it I will try that and let you know.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks