What's new

Need help with OFA Cinema 7 codes! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Well, I purchased a Cinema 7 because I was told it would work with my late 80's Kenwood KVR-A70R whose remote broke a few months back.

So I've tried every single code I could find and NOTHING!

Have any idea what I should do?

Also: I'm looking for the codes to my Audiosource SS5 surround sound processor, can anyone help me with them?

Nathan

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
take a look at http://www.hifi-remote.com for lots of info on the cinema7 and other remotes, including lots of codes and hacking info. make sure you check out the jp1 hacking stuff, as that is by far the best way to customize that remote, including the ability to add codes taht aren't built in

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I've tried that site...Nothing there helped.

As for JP1, thats just too complicated for me.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Mike Witt,

I've had a thread over there in the OFA section for some days now, no replies at all.

Nathan

Duncan Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I'd also try contacting OFA. If they have the codes in their master database, you might be able to send in your remote and have them program it for you.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
You do realize that this is a learning remote, don't you? You could just learn the functions you need onto the remote. If that doesn't work for you, I suggest you expand your horizons and build a JP1 cable. You can do it with a little effort. Either that or expand your wallet and get a MX-500...

Duncan Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if OFA doesn't have any codes for your processor and reciever, and your original remotes are dead, the I think you're pretty much sunk.
But hey! Look at this as an excuse to upgrade :) You can probably get a used reciever with integrated prologic/dolby digital with a comprable amp section to your kenwood for cheaper than it would cost to source a replacement remote.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
You do realize that this is a learning remote, don't you?
My orginal remote is dead... and I don't have the learning version of the OFA Cinema 7..

Maybe I'm not just doing it right.

The guy from hi-fi remote.com told me to use cd/0028 and it would work.. thing is, nothing happens..

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
My orginal remote is dead... and I don't have the learning version of the OFA Cinema 7..
Ughhh, I would definately return it for the learning version if you decide to keep it at all. I'd do some more research and see if the JP1 angle would work for your situation. You might find it fun to build the cable and learn something in the process. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks