What's new

Need help with name of a... chair (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Ok, it's like 2 AM over here, and I'm bored out of my mind. Decided to start looking on google and various furniture sites (Pier 1, Ethan Allen, Crate&Barrel, etc.) for this one chair I remember that just kicked ass. It's wicker and shaped like a bowl with a huge futon/cushion. Was thinking about getting one of these for my mom's b-day since Christmas is just out of the question now (oops). Does anyone know what it's called or where I can buy one of them? Thanks

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I used to own one of these, but unfortunately I cannot recall the proper name for it. It was the coolest chair in my whole house too, I just didn't have room for it. :frowning:

Don Black

Screenwriter
Also called a Yawn Chair by certain merchants (e.g., Pier One)... Gregg, if you're interested, I am looking to sell ours which we bought from Pier One last year. We just never use it for its intended purpose. We wound up just hanging clothes on it. It has a floral cushion pattern (immaculate) and we're about 7 minutes from GMU. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have one too I may want to unload. They are very comfortable... but they take up a lot of space.

(I always wondered about turning it into a satellite dish somehow.)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Thanks a lot for the replies, for a while I thought I'd end up looking like an idiot.... :b Can't believe there are more people out there who knew this. Thanks and happy holidays everyone!

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Thought I'd update this real quick. All wicker is on sale at Pier1 until June 28th, so it's a good time to pick one of these papasan chairs up! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yup, my father has a Papasan chair in his delaware house, when the whole family is over, I tend to use the round cushion as a mattress, which is like a 3/4 length matress for me... Very comfy but sometimes (mentally) hard to get out of. :)
Jay

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
There's another 60 seconds of HTF browsing time I can't get back. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks