What's new

Need help with my Denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

MikeHarley

Grip
First time posting...looking forward to becoming a regular.

My question:

I've got a brand-new Denon 3802 with five speakers in the family room. I also have two speakers in the living room.

With the 7-channel Denon, I am attempting to have surround sound in the family room, and stereo in the living room. So far, I can only get the living room speakers to output as "B" surround speakers. Does anyone know how to set the unit so the "B" speakers are "full" stereo?

Am I wrong in thinking this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Chriss M

Second Unit
You shouldnt be using the "b" surround outputs to drive speakers in a 2nd room. What you need to do is use the Surround Back outputs. Then go into the on-screen setup menu and change the "power amp configuration" option from surroundback to multiroom.

MikeHarley

Grip
Assuming I do that, is there any way to just get sound out of the Dining Room, or do I also have to listen to music in the Family Room?

I was told, when I bought the unit, that I could have radio in one room, and surround in another - all from the Denon 3802. Was I duped?

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Mike, as stated use the surround back speaker conections. Push the "MULTI" button on the receiver until M-SOURCE SOURCE is displayed, Turn the function knob to select the source you want to play in the other room. Start playing the selected source adjust volume.

See Pgs. 12,18,47,48 in the manual.

MikeHarley

Grip
Luke and Chris,

Thanks a ton. I'll work on it in the morning.

I am brand-new to this Home Theater stuff, and I am still amazed/confused by it all. My new equipment, compared to the stuff it replaces, is light-years more advanced.

Thanks again.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Mike and anyone///very important////
Keep me posted on all your hookup hints. I will be getting mine on Tues.:D

MikeHarley

Grip
Another update...

I hooked-up the speakers to the "multi" output, and still nothing. I read the manual cover to cover and then the light came on... I had the volume on the "multi" to OFF. Doh!

Fixed that. Works as advertised. Pretty cool feature of the 3802!

Thanks guys.

- Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks