What's new

Need help with mixed up IE6 and Firefox 1.0 "favorites" (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Strange thing happened today. I decided to make some desktop shortcuts to my little girls favorite websites (she's 3)so she can just click on them and go right to them. Well I opened IE 6 and went to the site, saved the site in Favorites, them went into the favorites and right clicked on the favorite site and told it to create a desktop shortcut.

The icon showed up fine on the desktop, but when you click it, it starts to use Firefox browser...what's up with that?? I never even had FF open to begin with.

Any thoughts?

Alfer

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Firefox is set to the default browser for your computer, most likely. That will cause it to open those links instead of Internet Explorer. The links you created aren't really IE favorites, they are mere web links that launch the default web browser.

You can set IE back to the default (if you want, I wouldn't :) ) by going to the control panel, opening internet options and going to the Programs tab in the dialog box that opens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks