What's new

Need help with Mitsubishi!!! (1 Viewer)

Shaun

Second Unit
Hey guys,

Normally I would come here first with a questions like this, but I've been so busy lately I just haven't had the time.

I own a 55" Mitsubishi Widescreen Television WS-55311 (I think that's the model number). Anyway, lately I've been noticing some problems with it. I have it calibrated using Avia to the best of my ability. Recently, whenever there is too much white on the screen or it is a bright scene with light colors on the screen, it triggers a flicker or flash/electrical interference. I can hear noise with it too, kind of like an electical buzzing sound. Again, this seems to only happen when there is too much white/light colors on the screen. I have the contrast set very low, about 1/5th and I have the brightness set at just below the halfway mark. It is really messing with the convergence on the left and right sides of the television to the point where I just can't get the convergence set right. There is always too much red lining on objects on both the right and left sides. When I turn my head a certain way, but keep my eyes fixed on a certain spot, it seems to improve, but I think I'm really starting to screw up my eyes. I use Avia to calibrate the convergence with the dark background and white cross hatches, but when I think I have it set right on that screen, I go to a screen with a white background and black cross hatches and everything is screwed up. Again, mostly on the left and right sides. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Please help!!!

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn,

I'll take a stab at it. I don't know what would be causing the first problem (flashing and buzzing) since you have the contrast so low. However, I think the convergence problem might be due in large part to poor focus. If you see a red shadow on both sides of the grid line, that means that your red CRT is out of focus. It is fairly common for certain colors not to be focused as well, especially around the edges. You might want to do an electrostatic focus, taking care to keep the edges looking good without compromising the middle very much. Be careful not to touch the screen VR's when you turn the focus pots. If that doesn't solve the problem, try a full mechanical and electrostatic focus. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, an ISF calibrator would be able to do a fine job for you.
Also, make sure the set has warmed up for at least an hour or two before doing any convergence or geometry work.
I hope this helps!

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks