What's new

Need Help with Marantz MM9000 Auto On (1 Viewer)

CraigerM

Auditioning
Hi,

I have hooked up a Marantz MM9000 amp using my Sony DB-930 as a temporary preamp. Does anyone know of a way to use the Sony to trigger the MM9000 to turn on? There is a 12v trigger, and a video signal trigger on the MM9000. The Sony has a video output, but I do not use it for video switching, so there is no signal out. Marantz tech support was no help. Does anyone have ny ideas?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
Craiger,

I went through the same dilemna myself. Assuming your Sony has an unswitched outlet, buy a Radio Shack 12 volt trigger which you will plug on the back of the Sony. I know mine had a three pin end which I plug on a 1/8" adapter. The last line is to plug it into an RCA adapter which goes into 12v trigger/video sensor input. Turn on the Sony followed by the Marantz. As soon as you turn off the Sony, it should put the Marantz on standby. The Marantz will power up as soon as your do so with the Sony.

Leo

Second Unit
Yeah, I found out also, the Marantz uses a proprietary trigger on and will only power up via another Marantz unit doing the triggering. The method mentioned above is the workaround.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
My MM9000 works perfectly using a 12V trigger out of a Denon 2803, but this is a dedicated and assignable trigger output on the receiver/Pre/pro. If your receiver does not have such a jack, then use the method above.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Actually, this is true for the Marantz MA-500 monoblocks. For the MM9000 and the MA-700 and MA-6100 monoblocks, they can be triggered by a 5-13V or video signal.

Michael

CraigerM

Auditioning
Thanks for the feedback, guys. It worked perfectly.

Now its's time to start looking for a matching preamp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks