What's new

need help with LspCAD from Adire and Sonotube size (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
From the word go I'm in trouble. I'm trying to build a Sonosub. When I go to New and am given options on the type of sub, I'm lost already. What's the name for a tube sub? Where do you insert the length and diameter for the tube? I would really like to get the tube soon because I have a borrowed truck this weekend and afterwards will have troube moving a tube. If it helps here's some pics of my theater:
http://jeremyillingworth.tripod.com/...eater/id1.html
It will go in the back corner not visible in the picture in the bottom left. I could use the corner nearest to the arch (there's enough wall after the arch to make a corner) but I thought that would be less desireable. The room is about 12 feet wide and 22 long with a 9 foot ceiling.
I know what you want affects tube size. I want nice deep sound for movies and music. Probably movies first. I would like one of those short ones that look like tables but am fine with a hot water heater. I have laid down the law with the woman and she knows she has no say in the theater. I was going to use a Tempest. Unless you have a better idea. Maybe Shiva? The extra $25 is no big deal, that's why I picked the Tempest.
Should I just buy an SVS? Just kidding, I'd like to built one but am stuck.
Help me hometheaterforum, you're my only hope!
jeremy
[Edited last by Jeremy Illingworth on September 19, 2001 at 07:39 PM]

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Jeremy, go here:
http://www.quux.net/roo/diy/sonosub/
This website is the biggest help when trying to understand how to use lspCAD. It's a straight-forward program, however, you have to know what all that stuff means first. Go the website, go through the walk through and also, read the manual. If you need more help building the sub itself, check out Patrick Sun's sight. That guy photographs EVERYTHING, which means its extremely helpful to us guys who are trying to build their own subs. His site is:
http://www.io.com/~patman/
Hope that helps,
Mike
------------------
I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Oops, forgot to add...
That first site I gave you, it will also help you figure out the size of your sonotube. Once you get all the results you want from the IspCAD program, you can punch all that info into the "Sonotube Cutting Calculator" on that site to tell you how long to cut the tube.
If you have anymore questions, try emailing Patrick Sun...he da' sonosub masta'!
Mike
------------------
I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks