What's new

Need Help with Klipsch KF-26 and Sony SRT DH750 (1 Viewer)

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Hi All,

First of all, sorry, I did not search the forum to see if this was already answered somewhere.

But here is the deal. We bought a house and the previous owner left us Klipsch 5.1 surround. Do not have the exact model numbers. They also left an old Yamaha Reveiver.

However, with the new house, I went and got a new TV and all, so I decided to get a receiver too. I did not need a Wifi based so I picked up the Sony SRT-DH750 receiver which is 7.2 4k. I have the TV connected through Optical to the Receiver. I also have a Xbox One and Uverse connected to the Receiver.

I also bought 2 Klipsch KF-26 Icon Floor Speakers.

Before I connected the KF-26, I had the normal small Klipsch 5.1 connected and it worked like a charm. The Subwoofer performed and all other 5 channels worked.

The moment I connected the KF-26, it changed settings on the receiver to only do 2.0 channels. They are single wire connected to the bottom with the Treb and Bass connectors in place and connected to the Front on the Receiver. After a lot of messing around, I got the Surround and the Center to work. I had to undo the Surround Hi and change them to Surround on the receiver.

I did a Auto Calibration with the provided mic for Sony, and during the test, all Five channels work. However, during the Subwoofer calibration, it just hums from the SW.

The only place I am getting Bass is the KF-26. The subwoofer just does not work. I have tried all types of Content, both from Uverse, Xbox (Netflix, Youtube and Games) and the SmartTV apps (Youtube, TuneIn and Pandora).

Everything sounds amazing on the KF-26 with the 2 channel Stereo setup. But once I do Multi Stereo Channel, it just levels down. The surround work, but the subwoofer is completely Inactive.

I plant to go Bi-amp once I can get the Sub to work.

Any thoughts or ideas on what I am doing wrong? Do I need a new Receiver? I have today to return it at Best Buy.

Thanks again and sorry for too much detail.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Schan, Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

The fronts are set as large and the rear and center set as Small. I checked Xbox One and Samsung TV and made sure the outs were set to either DD or DTS instead of PCM. My TV was defaulted to DD, but not sure how, it is now greyed out and all I can pick is PCM or DTS.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What TV has DTS?

Set fronts small.

Is the AVR set to pass audio on to the TV?(should not be able to set audio as "out" and have the AVR produce sound...but hey, this is Sony)

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Haha. I could have been wrong. I got the 65 4K Samsung HU8550.

I will do that. Can't wait to get off work and give this a try and will update then.

Not sure what you mean by Pass audio to TV? However, I was skeptical with buying the Sony.

Would you recommend something else? I am currently at 5.1 setup, but with the purchase of the KF-26, I have 2 additional Speakers lying around to make it a 7.1 and later 7.2. Or might even stay at 5.1 and jump to 5.2.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just to be clear...

Your sources are going to the AVR, with video only going to the Samsung...correct?

The audio issue(and settings) make it sound like you are attempting to use the TV as the hub.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Sam,

All my sources are connected to the AVR. Except, when I use the Smart-TV functions, for obvious reasons. So I have an Optical connected between the AVR and Samsung TV. After doing this, I am able to get sound from the Smartapps through the AVR.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Correct connections.

Setup, somewhere, is wrong.

Going back to opening post...

"Had to undo the Surround Hi"

Never heard of "surround hi".

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
This would help. I might have misworded.

1.PNG

So, I had surround connected to 1. I changed them to 2 for it to work. The main issue I have, is that the Sub woofer stopped working. All I get is the Bass from the Front Floor.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If only doing 5.1, you don't use connections 1.

That is for doing...

Rear surround(7.1)
Biamp(forget it)
ZoneB
Height

What setting(of the 4 choices) did select for 1?

Sounds like you picked ZoneB and still have it set that way.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Possibility. Sorry was out at lunch.

How do I change it then? I already have it disconnected from 1. The back surround are now in 2.

As I am at work, I am looking through the online manual to get the details on this. These are the setting options.

On the Below picture, is there anything I need to mess with or change it to something?

11.PNG

On below picture, Do I need to change the Digital Broadcast?

12.PNG

And finally, this is where it gives me the option to do the Bi-amp or Spkr B under the Surround Back Speakers assign.

13.PNG

Thoughts? I really cant wait to go home and try changing them to Small hoping the subwoofer will come back to life.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Sounds good Sam. I will give this a try and update the thread. Thanks a whole bunch for helping me on this. Appreciate your time.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
So, sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I am still unable to solve the problem. I just got a Y Subwoofer cable and was really hoping that would solve all my issues. But still no Beuno.

I plan to go pick up a new Subwoofer today and see if it is just the Subwoofer.

The subwoofer still powers on and all but just no THUMP.. I am a big Audio fanatic, and without the Sub, it feels like my whole Living room setup is useless.

Only addition to the above setup is a PS4.

Have tried the last settings with setting the speakers to Small and having BiAmp/Passthrough turned off.

HELP!!!!!

Schan has been awesome with helping .

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have you tried to re-connect the original two speakers to see if the sub will actually work again?

This would rule out that the sub somehow got damaged or stopped working on its own.

And I wanted to ask what you meant by this in your original post (about the two new speakers):

They are single wire connected to the bottom with the Treb and Bass connectors in place and connected to the Front on the Receiver.

I understand that the two new speakers are your fronts. I am unclear about "single wire connected to the bottom with the Treb and Bass connectors in place."

I'm also going to move this thread to a different forum where it might get a little more traffic and some of our resident experts will weigh in.

Rahul79

Auditioning
Real Name
Rahul
Mike, that's for the response.

Sorry that was a bad explanation, what I meant was a single connection with the connector plate instead of going 2 wires for the BiAmp but was told to avoid that.

After this post, I tried the old speakers and didn't get anything. So now I am thinking it's the sub. Intend to get a new one from BestBuy tonight. Will update thread again tomorrow.

Hopefully it's just the sub.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We'll see then what happens with the new sub.

There is always the chance that it is the subwoofer cable, too. Cables DO go bad sometimes.

Although if you went nearly 16 months with any bass...are you SURE you need the sub to work?!? :laugh:

Just kidding! It would drive me insane not to have my sub working. It's such an important part of any listening experience (movies/music/videogames...).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks