need help with HTPC setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matej, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Matej

Matej Extra

I am trying to connect a radeon 8500DV to my pioneer 811s reciever but I cannot get the sound to work. Here is the way I have it set up

The cable coax is coming into my computer. I can get the sound and picture on my computer

Then I have the picture going straight to my TV, via S-video.
    That works fine

For audio I have the digital coax out on my radeon going into digital coax 1 input on the reciever but I do not get sound. then I tried the composite sound to go to the aux in on the reciever and I still cannot get sound I am not sure what I going on.

I then tried plugging the composite sound out of the radeon and into the TV directly but again I had no luck. Is there a setting that I am forgetting to change or something. I can't think of anything else to try right now and would really appreciate your guy's help!

Peace,
    Matej

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Is there a some kind of control-panel setting you missed? Also, it is possible you have the wrong drivers installed for you card, which would not enable the digital audio features. Hopefully someone who has this card can chime in and know for sure?

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

possibly the Radeon breakout box needs to be plugged into your sound card?

4. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Stunt Coordinator