What's new

Need help with home theater/stero design (1 Viewer)

Horn Hunta

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Sherfick
First of all, I am new to home theatre/stero systems, so any infor you guys can give me will be very helpful. Thanks in advance for any info! I posted a thread yesterday and was giving some info to look into. Upon revieing the information, I have drawn up a rough scetch of my basement and what i'm thinking. A couple issues I have in my basement are that the ceiling is somewhat low, and I have 2 I beams that run through it, making my theater area some what limited. I was fortunate to have a projector giving to me by a friend. The projecor I will be using is a mitsubishi hc 3000 and a 100 inch screen.

The drawing I have included will give you the general look of my basement. I have put 2 options on the drawing as to where I feel my projector will fit. Option A is where I would rather put it, maily becaus option B will take up quite a bit of my basement, and not leave me the area I would like to put my pool table, card table and bar in. Rough dimenisons of option A is approximatily 15X15. Option B around 12X15.

My budget for this project is $1500, I need all the info I can get on receiver/speaker set up. I will put most of my speakers in the area around the projector, and would like to put 3-5 smaller speakers through the rest of the room in the corners. As I understand it I think most recievers are, but I would like my receiver to be blue ray, ipod, compatible with plenty speaker and hdmi hookups. Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm curious if you plan the start an entirely new thread for evey step of the process rather than doing it in one. If you create multiple threads you waste people's time because they answer questions in the old threads when you have actually moved on to later steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks