Need help with Hi-Def projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Wegimont, May 23, 2001.

1. Mike Wegimont

Mike Wegimont Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sharp projector that supprort 480p, 720p, or 1080i as RGB or YPbPr. How can I get Hi-Def signals? Do I need a converter and an antenna to pull the signal out of the air? If I get Dish network can I receive HDTV signals directly or do I need a converter or set-top box?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    ------------------
    "It's good to be da king!"

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

You need a HD set top box..Dish network as the dish 6000 receiver which is both a satellite receiver and HD decoder..It has a separate 8vsb module for over the air HD as well as digital signals which incorporates the channels into the dish network program guide..It also will receive analog channels...
    ------------------

3. Mike Wegimont

Thanks! Any idea if Time Warner cable has a Hi-def cable box-type decoder. I sent them an email 4 days ago and haven't gotten a response yet.
    Mike

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Time Warner is offering HD in many of their markets which has digital cable...THey are suppose to offer in all markets that currently have digital cable by the end of the year..Their box only outputs 1080i though and would convert any 720p programming like from abc to 1080i..The 6000 outputs either 1080i or 720p...The TWC box is Scientific Atlanta's SD2000hd box...
    ------------------

5. Mike Wegimont

Here's Time Warner's response to Do you prived a box that can receive HDTV signals:
    I guess I'll have to wait or buy a decoder box.
    One more question: do I need a "special" antenna to hook up to the decoder if I decide to pick one up?
    Thanks,
    Mike