Need help with Harman Kardon receiver! (Tone & DD-EX)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by NickSP, Jun 23, 2004.

1. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

I recently purchased a HK DPR-1001 to be used as a prepro with my system and so far so good except I can't seem to quite understand two things.
    1) Why does the receiver play either DD or DTS in EX-ES mode for non-flagged movies? (No Auto setting?)
    2) Why don't I hear any difference in sound when lowering or increasing Bass and Treble to their max or min?

2. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

I recently purchased a HK DPR-1001 to be used as a prepro with my system and so far so good except I can't seem to quite understand two things.
    1) Why does the receiver play either DD or DTS in EX-ES mode for non-flagged movies? (No Auto setting?)
    2) Why don't I hear any difference in sound when lowering or increasing Bass and Treble to their max or min?

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Have you checked to see if you have any "tone bypass" turned on? If so, this could be the reason for not hearing the bass and treble changes.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Have you checked to see if you have any "tone bypass" turned on? If so, this could be the reason for not hearing the bass and treble changes.

5. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Wayne, I did check the "Tone In" and it was set to Tone In and I am able to increase and decrease the Bass and Treble but can't hear any difference.

6. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Wayne, I did check the "Tone In" and it was set to Tone In and I am able to increase and decrease the Bass and Treble but can't hear any difference.

7. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

Does this recvr automatically bypass the tone controls when using a surround mode??? My old Kenwood THX pro-logic (KRX 1000) does this. The tone controls only work when the recv is set to 2 ch.

8. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

Does this recvr automatically bypass the tone controls when using a surround mode??? My old Kenwood THX pro-logic (KRX 1000) does this. The tone controls only work when the recv is set to 2 ch.