What's new

Need help with Directv receiver channels problem (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I initally thought that DTV was having problems with some of their channels because I mysteriously had some of them disappear from my channel line up.
After a few calls to DTV to find someone who knew even a little about DSS, I found a guy who had me check all my transponders on the signal meter test (RCA model 523 receiver). It turns out that all my EVEN numbered transponders register "0" on the scale, and 96 or so on the odds. Also on the evens, it says to adjust dish 3 degrees.
Note: The main receiver downstairs has no problems whatsover, and has all the channels I'm missing upstairs.
The guy said it could be my dual LNB, or the receiver.
Has anyone had such a problem?? If so how was it fixed??
Thanks for any advice you may have
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Check your user profiles to make sure the channels weren't unchecked (deleted from view)for some reason. I know that when I uncheck them (because I don't want to see them) sometimes they mysteriously re-appear. Maybe somehow they mysteriously became unchecked.
Just a thought.

Try swapping receivers. I had a problem similar, but I was only having a problem with one transponder. In my case it was the receiver. Replaced and everything was fine.
------------------

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
How do you have the 2nd receiver set up? Does it have its own coax run from the satellite dish? Or do you have a splitter off of a single LNB? If you have a splitter, it won't work. You have to have a dual LNB with two seperate runs, one for each receiver. The reason is that the LNB can only be in one "state", either positive or negative. Maybe your other satellite receiver has the LNB in one state, so the other receiver can't change to the channels on the other transponders. As long as you have one dual LNB, you can split off of that with a multiplexor into several different receivers. This may or may not be the problem, but it kind of sounds like it.
Also, make sure your receiver is setup for the right kind of dish (oval and not the bigger elliptical ones or vice versa) depending on what you have. Maybe it is trying to find a transponder on a satellite that it can't see.
Good luck!
Bryan

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Boy do I feel dumb! I can hook up a 6.1 Home Theater system and all it's components, but this SIMPLE problem slipped past me.
I unplugged the receiver to take it downstairs to see if it worked down there, and as I grabbed for the coax cable, it fell apart in my hand!!
Needless to say, when I plugged in a new coax, all was well....
Thanks for the reply's though.
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks