What's new

Need help with Denon AVR-3300 Receiver (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone,
I took the advice from Polk Audio's web page on it's non-orthodox subwoofer setup for those of us who don't have an LFE bypass on their subs. I have two outboard stereo amps running the fronts and rears. The Denon receiver only powers the center channel. Now, in the receiver's menu, I have it set so all the speakers are LARGE and the subwoofer set to NONE. This in theory redirects the sub/lfe channel to the Large fronts. I have the subwoofer daisychained off the pre amp outputs of the front speakers amplifer and then use its internal crossover to fine tune, as per polks directions. There is another menu item that in theory should disapear once I fool the reciever into thinking that there is NO subwoofer, and that menu item is bass output. It toggles between subwoofer only and subwoofer+ fronts. Shouldnt this menu item disapear being that i already told the reciever that i dont have a sub? I guess my question is....In reality, if one tells the reciever that you don;t have a sub, then the next menu item is still there, but moot right?
Thanks!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Michael: The Bass Output screen is a subwoofer mode setting. So if you have the sub set as "No", then the Bass Output has no function. Why Denon doesn't make it go away if you have no sub, who knows???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks