Need help with Denon 1802...can't get DTS signal

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*Jones, Jul 28, 2002.

1. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

I'm having trouble getting my receiver to recognizethe DTS signal from my PS2...I'm using a optical cable to connect the two. I have gone through the set up steps of turning the PS2 digital output on and setting the optical 1 input on my receiver to dvd. I am able to listen to the movie using the auto select function, which selects the Pro Logic feature. However, after enabling DTS on the DVD itself and switching the input on the 1802 to DTS I get absolutely no audio. Am I missing something incredibly obvious? I have a number of DTS DVDs and I'd like to be able to take advantage of that function on my 1802. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

2. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I'm not familar with the PS/2, but most all dvd players have the dts output disabled by default, and you must go into the dvd players menu and manually enable dts output. Does the PS/2 have a similar function? does the PS/3 even have the ability to output dts?

3. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

My friend ran into the same problem. He has a Denon 1602 to a PS2. All we were getting was the PL 2 C setting even when we chose DTS or DD. Memebers on this forum said while the DVD is playing on the controller press "start" or "select" to bring up the "audio config" setting. Now from there you must turn on DD and DTS to pass the signal. I hope this helps!!!

4. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

P.S. When you select "DTS" remember to use the "input mode" to switch over to DTS the red light will appear when it is chosen. Also after movie is over remember to switch it back to "Auto" to accept DD or PL2. I'm done for now.

5. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the help. I finally got it working, by switching the settings on while the DVD was playing. I got no audio with main menu and setup menus, but once the movie started, it worked just fine. Thanks again.

John