What's new

Need help with connections (1 Viewer)

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a HDTV and HD DVR but don't know the best way to hook it up to my existing equipment. I The tv and dvr have hdmi input/output. I also have a Onkyo 573 reciever that I want to use as a switch for different inouts. Can I use the tv's speakers as my center channel? I just have 2 r30 floor speakers and a sony sub.

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok lets try it this way. If you have a HDTV and HD DVR, how did you connect it to your surround sound. I'm about to just go out and buy a new bose surround sound system since they sound pretty good.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
No, it's probably best to just set your 573 not to use a Center channel. If you want center or surround speakers, it's possible to get voice matched units.

If the 573 doesn't have a HDMI switch, you can switch audio with your receiver and video with the TV. A Harmony remote can automate the process.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Jack - Dont buy Bose. They are over-priced, guilty of deceptive advertising practices, enforce price-fixing for stores that sell them and advertise to AARP members who dont have good hearing.

How to connect: HDMI from each source to the Onkyo. 1 HDMI to the TV.

Use the receiver to switch between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks