What's new

Need help with composite VCR with HK receiver... (1 Viewer)

Steve Cross

Agent
Hello,

I recently traded my Onkyo TX SR600 for an H/K AVR 225.

I have my digital CATV, and PC (in and out), to receiver with S-Vid, then receiver to TV (jvc 27s33) also with S-Vid, and DVD to TV via component input.

This leaves my composite only VCR unusable, because if I read the manuals correctly I can use only one connection or the other (S-Vid or composite) the other input is component only.

Is there any way to work around this with adaptors or something?

TYIA
Steve

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I think what you may need is a composite to svideo convertor which you could hook via your TV's svideo (if you have any left) or to your one of your receiver's svideo inputs.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it reads that it (HK) will not convert the signal - meaning you need to run composite from the rec to the TV if you want the HK to switch it for you.

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Just get a composite to s-video convertor. Radio shack has them as well as parts express. I have the avr 210 and have s-video to the tv and everthing else hooked to the receiver with s-video cables or using the converter where needed. Works fine.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have S-vid and composite on the TV, then you must also have composite. Why not just run the VCR directly to the TV (or everything for that matter, if you have enough connections)?

Steve Cross

Agent
thanks everyone, I'm ordering the converts now, if it don't work i'll try running everything composite, except dvd..

that is also a good idea John, but, my tv has 3 inputs, 1 component, 1 composite/s-vid and of course RF.
I'm probably lazy but I'd rather not have to switch between video and audio sources.

thanks all again..

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks