Need help with Christmas present for pregnant wifey!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Wegimont, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Mike Wegimont

Mike Wegimont Stunt Coordinator

Here's my deal: My wife is 7 months pregnant so clothes are pretty much out. Jewelry is always nice but she says she doesn't want any because she's got enough and doesn't want me to spend the money. A new vaccuum or household appliance? I Don't think so!

She's getting a manicure/pedicure/facial from her favorite beauty salon. She's getting sneakers for her "tired, miserable, blistered feet." She's getting the new Lenny Kravitz CD. I still need that "special present."

What the hell else should I get her?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

How much money do you want to spend? Get her something like one of these foot massage tubs, back massage pad, or even a full blown massage chair. There's nother a pregnant woman needs more than massages.

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Is this your first kid? We bought the book "What to Expect the First Year". It answers all your "what-the-hell-do-I-do-with-this-kid-now-that-I've-brought-it-home" questions.

4. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

I agree with Bill. But I would recomend setting her up in a day spa so she could be as pampered as she wants too[while you are out there buying HT stuff[​IMG]].

5. Mike Wegimont

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

As I said, she's getting the Beauty salon stuff and we have a $1300 heated, massaging recliner already.

I thought about getting the water-based foot massager but I know it will only be used once or twice before the thing gets stored in the attic.

Dave: got the book. I'm sure it'll help.

Thanks,

mike

6. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

You might promise never to refer to her as "wifey." Unless that's your pet name for her, in which case god help you both![​IMG]

7. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Man I want to procreate! I think having a hybrid of my wife and I would be interesting. Speaking of pet names Janna, if you think "wifey" is bad, you should hear some of the pet names my wife and I have for each other. Bizzare!!

Back to topic: I think you should get your wife something sexy like lingerie. Just because she is pregnant, doesn't mean that she'll be like that forever... unless yer both aliens, in which case sour milk might be a great gift. But seriously, lingerie would actually be a good idea because it will be something she can look forward to once the main cour... I mean BABY exits. She'll appreciate it and you definately will! And it will be something to make her feel sexy after feeling so "pregnant" for so long and looking forward to looking sexy. Plus, with her being 7 months pregnant, she wont have to wait for very long.

If you get her a bunch of baby stuff then she might be lamed out because it's not for her and if she hasn't had a shower yet, she will soon and get all she needs for the BABY then.

And yes, I am a male.

8. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

My wife is due with our second but she's not as far along as your wife.

One thing you should ask for at the spa is a massage they do especially for pregnant women.

Patrick

9. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

10. Mike Wegimont

Janna: Are you single?

Brad: We won't buy any stuff for the baby until s/he's born and I wouldn't consider that a present for her anyway. Lingerie is something I'll consider.

Funny story: Last year I was in Victria's Secret buying some underthings for the wife and I had about 6-7 items in my hand. The sales woman comes over to me and says, "Sir, do you need any assistance?" So I said, "Sure! Can you please tell me where the fitting room is?" She looked at me for like, 3 seconds, and Busted out laughing along with all of the women around me. I crack myself up!!

Patrick: Cool! I didn't know they did special things for pregnant women in salons. I'll look into it.

Mike

11. Mike Wegimont

Julie K,
    I did that 2 years ago but she never used them. I thought it was a good idea as well but in reality, didn't work. AND, I gave her some DAMN GOOD coupons... [​IMG] :b

12. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Well if you've already got a massaging recliner then you're all set! [​IMG]
    As to the lingerie, there's no reason a woman can't look sexy while she's pregnant. [​IMG] She might not feel sexy though. And there will be some time after birth (about 6 weeks or so) where she'll feel even less sexy. She'll still have a bit of a stomach because it takes time after delivery for the uterus to shrink back down again. She'll have what I call a "jelly belly." [​IMG]
    She'll probably want something to do to occupy her time for the last couple months. If you don't have any other kids then the time may go really slow. Especially if she used to work and is now on maternity leave. If she likes crafts then get a gift certificate to a local craft store. Then she can pick out the things she would want to do. Or if she likes to sew then get a sewing machine and gift certificate to a fabric store. If she's into it, she might like to make some baby clothes. You could also use that sewing machine as the baby outgrows every outfit in a matter of weeks. Or she might like some books to pass the time if she needs to spend the last few weeks off her feet.

13. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

14. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

Does she have any hobbies or enjoy doing craft things like needle point, etc.? My wife loves doing that and when she was expecting our children would enjoy coming home, putting her feet up and doing the crafts.
    What about a one night romantic get away after you both settle in after the baby arrives? Get the grandparents to watch the baby for a night, get a limo, a great hotel and enjoy the evening.
    Good luck (kids are so fantastically great) [​IMG]
    ~Kurt

15. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

16. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Mike,
    How about this Pregnancy Teddy Bear I got this for my wife two Christmas' ago and she loved it.

17. Mike Wegimont

John,

I get a "Cannot find server" error.

18. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

It's working for me.
    Try them directly at Vermont Teddy Bears
    This is probably their busiest time of year. Server overload??
    You can always call: 1-800-829-BEAR

19. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

I am in the same situation. My wife is halfway there. We've decided to spend very little on each other, because we are going to be buying a recliner and the baby furniture pretty soon. My wife hasn't been wearing lingerie at all pretty much, so that's out of the question. She also doesn't want strangers poking and prodding her, so I've never been able to do the massage/day of beauty type stuff.

HELP

20. Mike Wegimont

JasonS,
    Here are a couple of things that have been a big hit with my wife:
    When she get's better sleep she'll be less cranky and this thing has probably saved my life (or at least a few headaches):
    http://store.babycenter.com/product/...y/pillows/3118
    I can't find a link for it but we got a gift that contains a video and some massage oil for pregnant women. The video will teach you how to massage the belly and bond with it. This is a great way to get close to both wife and baby and you'll be doing the touching. What more could she ask for?
    Mike