What's new

Need help with ceiling installation! (1 Viewer)

jmk14

Auditioning
Real Name
james kefover
I am constructing a HT in my basement. I can't decide what to use on the ceiling, ceiling max or dry wall hung on resilient channel. With a finished floor I have 7'-1" from the floor to the bottom of the floor joists. I want to make the room as sound proof as possible so sound cannot be heard upstairs while using up as little space as possible. If I go with drywall what is the best brand of resilient channel that I can use? Also should the drywall be covered with a fabric such as Owens Corning Quietzone Solerene fabric ceiling system?Or is ceiling max the best way to go for my situation? Sorry for all the questions but I want to do this right.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't know which would be "better". I used the Ceiling Max system because it was easy, quick, looks good, and gives me access to all the cables, wires, phone boxes in the ceiling. If you use drywall, make sure you have access somehow to anything like that above the drywall. A nice thing to use is a vent cover(painted to match ceiling) where you may need to access something in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks