What's new

Need help with Buttkicker setup! (1 Viewer)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Does anyone know what size nut/bolt I need for the Buttkicker II (probably the same as the original BK)? I plan on mounting the unit under my wooden bed platform and was wondering if I should have something in between the wood platform and the buttkicker feet (perhaps some rubber material to absorb & transfer the energy)? Also, should I place rubber isolators below the bed as advised in the manual? I'm not so sure this is necessary though considering the bed lies on carpeting... any ideas?

John H

Second Unit
Mike,
I use BK's to activate my bed.
Also, should I place rubber isolators below the bed as advised in the manual? I'm not so sure this is necessary though considering the bed lies on carpeting...
Yes, I would recommend the isolation feet sold on the BK site. This will help isolate the bed from the floor and allow it to cycle with the BK.
John

Mike Kao

Second Unit
I just connected the BKII to a Crest Audio VS1100 amp in bridged mode (1500 watts @ 4 ohms) and am having some problems. I connected the amp to the sub LFE output on my receiver with an RCA cable and a 1/4" mono plug converter (to amp) and fired up some music and movie material. At first I felt nothing. I touched the unit and it wasn't shaking a bit. So I turned up the amp full blast and I started to feel a little tiny movement from the BKII. I tried it in stereo mode and tried it on my 700 watt Samson S700 amp with the same results... what can I possibly be doing wrong? The sub settings on the receiver are at +3 and doesn't make a big difference if I even turn it up to +10. Am I supposed to plug it into both amp channels when in bridged mono mode with a splitter connecting the two channels, or is it supposed to be only connected to the first channel?

BTW I have no problems using the same receiver/RCA cable on my subwoofer.

DonRaphael

Auditioning
You probably have insufficient drive to your amplifier that drives the Buttkicker.

As you may have the LFE output from your receiver split between the subwoofer and the Buttkicker amplifier, you lose 3 dB.

I use the Radio Shack Optimus SA-155, P/N 31-1957 as a preamp for my Carvin 1000 watt amp. With the SA-155 at about half-way volume setting, I can get the Buttkicker to go to it's maximum and blow me out of my sofa! This is with my Receiver LFE output set for "normal" output levels.

Enjoy your Buttkicker. I could not go back to watching a movie without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks