What's new

Need help with basic entertainment room (1 Viewer)

Aaron;)A

Auditioning
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and need some help. I just bought a new house and I have a 175 sq. ft. family room I want to turn into a home theater. This is my basic plan in components. I plan on buying either a 61 inch DLP Samsung or a 71 inch Sony Grand Vega. Which one do you guys think is best? The tv will be used for basic cable, dvd;vcr;and ld viewing, and Xbox games. For the speakers I plan on getting Polk Audio Lsi series. If there is anything you guys can think of is better at about the same price range let me know. For the receiver I haven't chosen yet. What do you guys think would fit best? Also the wiring guy asked how far I want the speakers from the wall. I said 4 inches. I don't know if this is best so if anyone could help please respond.

Thanks for the Help,
Aaron;)A

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome aboard, Aaron.

FYI, the Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level (home-theater concepts and definitions and very basic questions and answers). For advice on specific models and purchasing decisions, please post in the appropriate hardware area. In this case, since you've singled out a couple of RPTVs, I've moved your post to Display Devices. A lot of people will be happy to help you here.

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks