1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with atmos idea

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Daverp, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Daverp

Daverp Auditioning

David
    I just bought Klipsch r25fa which are standing front speakers with up firing speakers built into the top. I feel that I would do much better installing ceiling speakers. My question is can I remove the driver and horn from the r25fa and install them in the ceiling? Should I make a box for them if I do that? Or just buy a pair of ceiling speakers and let the atmos on the R25fa just go to waste? Any thoughts?

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    You'll unfortunately need to purchase separate in-ceiling speakers. Pulling the drivers from the modules off your current speakers isn't possible due to the crossover circuity required.

My advice would be to sell the modules on eBay or a forum like HTF, and then buy some cost effective in-ceiling speakers.

3. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Producer

Wayne
    If I'm reading this right the atmos upfiring speakers are built directly into the main body of the tower so he wouldn't be able to sell any modules.

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Yeah.

5. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Thanks - I'm used to the module being a separate enclosure on top of the speaker. In either case, I think the answer remains the same - those binding posts can simply be left disconnected and the speakers for the ceiling can be purchased quite affordably.