What's new

Need help with answering machines. (1 Viewer)

ken thompson

Second Unit
I'm getting rid of my bell south answering machine service and am going to buy one. I need the answering machine to answer the call waiting line if I'm already talking on the phone. Is there one that does this?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. The only way I can think you could achieve this would be via vioce mail service from your phone company. When you have call waiting- you don't actually have 2 lines- rather a single line with a duplex feature.

Both of the duplex portions of the lines cannot be used at the same time, to the best of my knowledge. That's what would have to happen for a machine to be able to answer that line while you're on the other.

An incoming call could tbe intercepted and rerouted by the phone company to a different circuit in the case when you're on the phone (which is what voicemail does)- but I don't know if it is possible to access that second portion of the line while still actively using the first one!

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks