What's new

Need help with another classical sound bite (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..
I have another sound bite that I heard from a tv commercial. The commercial is for the "racing channel" I think that is what it is called?
The video starts off with just showing the cars, motorcycles, stock cars, indy cars, dragsters, etc just racing, as the commercial continues, you see more accidents and mayham on the screen.
The music has chorals in it and I like it alot!!! Like that will help you out any. I believe the commericial is for a new cable channel that is just for racing.
Hopefully somebody here can help me figure it out.
Thanks
R~
P.S. Stefen I know you can come throu for me again!! :D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have seen it on a couple of differnet channels. One was channel 11 of all places and the other time it was on tnt.

R~

I will look around and see if that is the real name of the network, for some reason it doesn't look right. Hmmmmm

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The correct name of the new channel that has the music I am looking for is called: "Speed Channel". I checked there website but they didn't have any commercials on it. :{

Hopefully somebody out there has seen and recognizes the music!

Thanks keeping fingers crossed

R~

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
If its the same commercial I've seen, it's

'Dies Irae' from Verdi's 'Messa Da Requiem.'

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
John..
That would be the one thanks!!!!!!!! I just finished placing my order.... This is the one I got, hopefully it is the right one. Is it me or is classical music a pain in the rump to try and find which one you are looking for, I type in verdis massa da requeim and get 20 listings varing in price from 5.99-69.99 ouch!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...028668-4057564
Thanks
again!
Rhett
Me a Happy Camper :D

Stefan A

Second Unit
I would recommend that you get the Barenboim w/ Chicago recording

BTW, I didn't forget you - I just havn't watched a lot of TV lately. When I have, I havn't seen the commercial. I am glad you found out though.

Yes, if you are not familiar with the style of various composers and/or nationalities, than classical music can be very difficult to identify. It really does take many years to develop your ear to recognize the many styles. But, once you are familiar with it - it's a lot of fun. It's like a game sometimes, especially with the type of questions you ask. When I lived with my father, we would sit around for hours trying to stump each other with "drop needle (laser)" quizes.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Stefan

Do you happen to have a catalog number for the recording you are talking about. Doing a search at some of the sites is giving me litteraly hundreds of titles to search through...

Thanks

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks