Need help with an upgrade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Zimkas, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Thought I'd try and save some time by asking for some recommendations for a new DVD player. I've been looking into getting a new Proressive scan DVD player to replace my current Sony player. I have not had any luck finding a 5-disc changer that offers progressive scan, multi-format, SACD, & DVD-A capabilities. I was hoping that something in the Pioneer Elite line-up would work, but so far no luck. I'm looking for a high quality unit, not a $79.95 BestBuy special! Hope that doesn't offend anyone.:b

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Frank, some of the new Panasonic players announced for this year have 5-disc progressive changer/DVD-Audio functionality along with the excellent Farojida chip. You're probably better off getting a seperate SACD player or going without, as all of the combo SACD/DVDA machines I am aware of are single tray.

If you need a solution right now, the JVC FA90 or 95 offer 7 disc changing w/ prog scan and DVD-A. I've got one as a secondary player (primary is HTPC) and they are good machines, but I have a feeling the Panny will be a better DVD player.

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Matt,
    Thanks for the input. I'll check 'em out.
    Big Chicken , GA... [​IMG]
    Anyone Else?

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter