Need help with an Upgrade Bug!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Richard_T, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Well, got a bit of an upgrade bug going here guys and girls. I'm looking to upgrade my B&W CC6 center channel to something larger. I have been looking for a LCR6 S2 to match my 602 S2 but I'm having a real hard time finding it since they moved on to the S3 series. My question is, Can I use another 602 S2 as a center speaker or should I continue to hunt for the speaker that I really want which is the LCR6 S2? Would there be any difference in using a regular shielded speaker as a center or is it better to use a dedicated center speaker like the LCR6 S2? I need help!

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Another question. What about using a LCR S3? Would there be much difference in sound? Would it match up well enough with my 602 S2? The LCR6 S2 is proving more and more to be difficult if not impossible to find out in my area of Ontario.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Richard, please ask your question here in Speakers/Subwoofers. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level, not specific model recommendations. Thanks.

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

sorry everyone but, I need help here so I have to bump

[​IMG]

5. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I would just use the newer center channel. The S3. Nothing wrong with having a "better" center channel.

6. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Finally!!! An answer!! YAY! Anyway, what about speaker matching? Would there be much of a difference between the S3 and S2 series when it comes to sound? I've heard the S3 series is more "dynamic" which I would think would be a good thing when it comes to center speakers, but I want to make sure they match properly.