What's new

need help with amp decision (1 Viewer)

SavoyR

Agent
hi guys right now I have a delima and I'm seeking advise. I'm using M&K speakers the s125's all around, my amps are the aragon 8008st,and the 8008x3 I want to upgrade to 7.1 but I'm not sure what I want to do with my amps should I add a 2 channel amp and get the 8008bb or mkll? or should replace the aragon's and get the cinepro 3k6se and the 1k2se/xc? or go for bryston 9BTHX amps and the 4bst between these amps which one do you recommend?main interest are 60/40 movies and music and is there much of a difference between the cinepro 3k6se and the 3k6lll? by the way what do you think about the new digital amp from bel canto? BTW I love my aragon's but if I can do better I 'm willing to upgrade. P.S. other consideration is the theta dreadnaught.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
From what I hear, those Bryston amps are totally solid! Cinepro too. If you're itching to do an upgrade, sure go ahead and replace all your amps with a new line, but if you're satisfied with the Aragons, just add as many channels as you need.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
IMO Aragon, Bryston, Cinepro are in the same class; comes down to personal preference. I think you should get another 8008. Maybe an 8008x3..drive an SVS sub, and you never know when you might need the 8th speaker!

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
How's this for a suggestion?
Stick with Aragon. Then hang on for about 6 months and you'll be able to upgrade the Aragon 8008's internally, with new driver cards that are a non-global feedback design (Think Ayre and Theda). No these aren't going to be available from Mondial/Klipsch. Details will be announced when the product is ready for public consumption. The target is a cost of $500-$750 for a stereo pair of the new driver cards. They will fit all 8008 products ST, BB, 3B and 5B and Palladium.
If you have the bucks just pop for an Ayre V-6 now. It will lay waste to the 3 amps being discussed

SavoyR

Agent
Tom what do you mean by non-global feedback? and is Aragon considering adding this to there ampilfiers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks