Need help with a name of a group

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reni D, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Reni D

Reni D Stunt Coordinator

In the early 1990's some of the former members of the Rock group BOSTON formed a group and release a album. I remember they had one song that was played a little on the Radio that even sounded to much like BOSTON but I can't remember neither the name of the group of the song.Since last week I can't get it out of my head trying to remember.
    Does anyone recall the name of that group ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Reni, one such band was Orion the Hunter. Here is a link to an auction for their CD on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=893864033
    The seller claims the album was released in 1984. Apparently Barry Goudreau and Brad Delp were in this band. I'm a big Boston fan, but I had never heard of Orion the Hunter.
    Another one, and probably the one you are thinking of, is Return to Zero. Here is a link to an auction on eBay for their CD:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=894115580
    According to the seller, the album was released in 1991. Again, Goudreau and Delp were in the band. I've heard of Return to Zero, but I've never gotten around to picking up the CD.

3. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Here you go.

"Between the decade-long gaps between most Boston albums, singer Brad Delp has kept himself busy either singing on records by other artists (including former Boston rhythm guitarist Barry Goudreau's self-titled 1980 release, Orion the Hunter's 1984 debut, etc.), or with side bands such as RTZ. The group formed in the early '90s and saw Delp once more joined by Goudreau, resulting in a self-titled debut of commercially accessible arena rock and power ballads. Issued in July of 1991, the album spawned a surprise Top 30 hit single with "Until Your Love Comes Back Around." Not much was heard from the band afterwards, as Delp eventually returned back to Boston in time for the tour in support of their 1994 release, Walk On, which led many to believe that RTZ was a one-off project. But this proved to not be the case, as May of 2000 saw the release of RTZ's sophomore effort, Lost."

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Brian, I just read that in the description for the second eBay auction I referenced above. It's an interesting bit of trivia.
    Speaking of Boston, does anyone know what happened to their latest album? Back in May 2000, I was visiting a friend in Utah, and we were listening to a classic rock station. "More Than a Feeling" came on, after which the DJ said that a new Boston album would be coming soon. I read some vague information about it on www.boston.org back then and have heard nothing since. Anyone know anything?

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I just went to www.boston.org, a Boston web site, and found some information about a new Boston album entitled Corporate America on the following page:
    http://www.boston.org/whatsnew3.html
    No release date is given. The same page says that Boston played the Star Spangled Banner at the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day. That's surprising, but cool. Also, the page states that VH-1 was going to do a Behind the Music show on Boston but cancelled it. [​IMG]

6. Reni D

Reni D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks to everyone for the info.That's exactly what I was looking for. [​IMG]I didn't know there was a new Boston Album on the works.I can't wait