need help with a movie name

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_D, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

ok i can never remember the name of this movie but as a kid i used to love watching it.

it's about a kid who has some sort of action hero/army figure that comes to life to help him deal witha bunch of spies trying to recover some sort of computer disk. and he has a little girl that runs around with him during the movie and what not. it was a fun movie and if i can pick it up on dvd i'd like to. thanx.

adam

2. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

nm finally after about 30 minutes of searching the web i found it: Cloak and Dagger[​IMG] now to see if it's on dvd. guess i should have looked more before i posted this, sorry.

adam

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Too bad, I knew that one. Dabney Coleman, if I'm thinking correctly. Fun when I saw it as a kid, but I'd have doubts if it stands up.

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Great little flick, though the toy doesn't 'come to life' per se.

The Dad and the fictional super-spy Jack Flack were both played (quite well) by Coleman, thereby giving the kid a "dad is your hero" kinda message.

It's a fun movie - if more than a little outdated these days. If memory serves it's a Universal flick, and has yet to be released on DVD.

5. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

yeah i looked and no dvd. it was a fun movie as a kid, which is the only reason i would buy it. by the time it comes out i'm sure i'll forget again[​IMG]

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

It stars Henry "E.T." Thomas in the lead role.