Need help with a Denon AVR 1601

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chauncey_G, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Friend of mine has a Denon 1601, but has lost the manual to it. The problem is, when he turns it on, the thing pops to life for just a second then immediately shuts down. It sounded to me like it might be that whole reset-the-microprocessor thing. I have the 4800, and for resetting it tells me to hit buttons his doesn't come close to having!
    So here's the question: does it sound like resetting is the way to go here, and if so, can anyone tell me how to do it?
    I posted this at AR as well, so I'm hoping between the two I can snag somebody who can give me a hand! [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

2. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

I have the same problem! The dealer told me to take it in, so I did so without looking at the manual. Alas, after reading your post, I whipped it out, and it says nothing about what you asked. The troubleshooting page has very little information on it.

3. Francois L

Francois L Stunt Coordinator

Hi both of you. You should check your speakers connections. It look like you have a shorted cable somewhere and the protection of the Denon is activated when it is trying to connect to the speakers . Good luck.
    ------------------
    "My god, it`s full of stars!"