Need help: What would you choose: Mario Party 4, Super Monkey Ball 2, or ...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Javier_Huerta, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Javier_Huerta

Javier_Huerta Supporting Actor

GameCube games are so scarce, I wouldn't be surprised to see the console disappear tomorrow. Sad.
    I have to choose between those two as a party game. I've heard terrific things about Super Monkey Ball 2; I already own SMB and I love it.
    Is Mario Party 4 more fun? Should I go for SMB2? Any other multiplayer games I could check out?
    As for racing games, is Burnout the best one out there for the GC?
    Damn. I shouda bought an Xbox [​IMG]

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I haven't played Mario Party 4 yet, but I have played Super Monkey Ball 2, and it's fantastic.

My friends and I play the party games for hours on end, and with 8 (or is it 12?) different games to choose from, there's always fun to be had.

I had no idea what kind of game it was when I bought it (I bought it on a whim after hearing a friend praise it) but it almost definitely the most played game on my Gamecube.

The Mario Party games have all been decent, but I never got into them that much.

3. Javier_Huerta

Mario Party 4 has 50 minigames. Imagine that [​IMG]
    Maybe I'll get both. I loved the original Super Monkey Ball. It is a blast.
    I find it amazing, though, that I play with my Dreamcast around 90% of the time, 1% with my PlayStation, and 9% with my GameCube (or something like that). We need more games!!! [​IMG]

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hear Super Monkey Ball 2 is much better. I've yet to play either but Mario Party 4 has not received great reviews, but they have not too bad either...

5. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Super Monkey Ball 2 is top notch, although the first SMB is almost as good and can be had dirt cheap now.

6. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

How about Bomberman for the Gamecube? I was thinking about picking that one up for me and the kids to play. It seems to me that it would fit the party game mold.

7. Javier_Huerta

Bomberman is the most fun I've ever had with my friends while sober. How could I forget about it? It's a truly fantastic game... I think I should exchange MP4 for that one. Thanks!

8. Willy burz

Willy burz Stunt Coordinator

Freaken hater, If I see another BS post about the Cube I'll come through the puter and choke ya! [​IMG]

9. Javier_Huerta

Heh.... how can I be a hater if I'm a GameCube owner??? Or is there a rule somewhere prohibiting me from bashing the systems I own? At least I'm not a fanboi bashing a system I *don't* own![​IMG]

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Javier just ignore the post and continue on with the conversation at hand. You give attention and the thread will continue to move off track.

11. Willy burz

Willy burz Stunt Coordinator

See that's where your wrong, me and my roomates have all three systems and a top notch pc. I play them all, and all I can say is Eternal Darkness, Star Fox, Monkey Ball 2, and Timesplitters(multi Plat) is getting the most play on the Cube. GTA3 is getting some on the ps2 and need for speed is getting some on the xbox, so don't go running around making bash posts.
    I just get sick an tired of retarded posts about the cube, hell man Metroid Prime is coming out in two weeks!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You don't shoulda anything, if you want more gaming buy all three systems. You think the Cube has it's short list, my roomates haven't purchased anthing but sports and Halo for the xbox, and the ps2 in the household doesn't see any playing time except gta 3 once and a while.