What's new

Need help w/ Sony rptv and Sears price match (1 Viewer)

Carson E

Agent
A Sears guy told me today (fri) that he would match 'any' internet price on the Sony KP48V90 plus do the 10% off . But tomorrow only. (sat. 3-09 )

Anyone got a link or advise to a site I can get a super price. This may be a one time offer from him and I would like to take advantage. It list for $1699.99.

Thank you very much for any tips.

Carson.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I just ordered a Toshiba 50h81 from Sears today. I printed out a page from www.continentaltrade.com and asked them to match it.
I've read here in the past that sometimes, they don't match some sites. Sometimes, you have to plead with a manager, etc. Consequently, I was apprehesive on whether they'd match or not. The salesman explained they don't match sites that sell used, b-stock, or grey market equipment.
Anyway, at the Sears I bought from, they called a central office that apparently checks the 'net to see that my printout was legit. The bottom line was they matched Continental trade. My guy didn't match AND give me 10% off, though I was happy with the price.

Carson E

Agent
Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately they did not have the model. KP-48V90. I do appreciate the effort. I've look around and it's a hard model to find. The couple I did were no cheaper than the 10% off offered this weekend. Thought since this model would close-out this year it may be discounted somewhat. Oh well. :frowning:
Glad you got yours at a satisfied price. I was going to try the price match and the 10% on top. Say they wouldn't go for it? :D
Thanks again.
Carson.

Carson E

Agent
Thanks Dave. I found that too. Shipping was $331.00. Yikes.:)
That put it well over sears 10% price.
Guess I'll wait for now. As new model date nears maybe prices will drop.
Thanks again.
carson.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a RPtv today from AmericanTV - I just made up a price and told the salesmen that this was what Sears and there Net add was giving me and I REALLY wanted to buy from American but . . . .

I was very friendlt with the guy and not a bully. Saved $300 from 1599 to 1299.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
They just asked what price Sears gave me and I made up a price. My only intention was to see if they would give me the same deal Sears did and one thing went to another and I was making up numbers on the fly lol.

I didn't even know if Sears carried the model I was looking for and never even talked to Sears.

I did say I REALLY wanted to buy from American, I wasn't trying to play hardnose at all. I think that is a key to any purchase. Be friendly.

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
A little clarification on the Sears Price Match Policy:

We will not match somebody else's price AND do the 10% off like Carson was told. He was mis-informed by the associate. The nice thing about his situation though, if he made a big enough stink out of it the manager should let him get the deal, especially if it's in writing somewhere. We will, however, get you the lowest price that is currently out there, whether it be our 10% off or another retailer's price.

We do add shipping onto the cost of an e-tailer's price. For Sears to price match an e-tailer, you should print out the shopping cart page showing the model number and price of the item, plus the shipping charge.

Hope this helps for you guys!

Oh yeah, BTW, I work at Sears so that's how I know this stuff.

Mike_L

Auditioning
Dave,

Will Sears price match any online retailer for Sony products or does it have to be a "Sony authorized online retailer?"

And can I speak with any store associate or should I go directly to a manager?

Thanks,

Mike

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Dave,
I've got a small Sears outlet in my hometown, will they pricematch if they don't have the item in stock (which I'm sure they don't), or should I go to the larger "full size" store in the next town? To tell you the truth, I've never bought a thing from Sears, but if their pricematch policy is nearly as good as it seems they'll become my next best friends :) The salesmen will get sick of my face coming in once a month...

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Dave Schofield - how does Sears make any money that way. You have to pay overhead AND give a great deal. I would think if EVERYBODY did that you would be losing money. Are you making it up by selling the extras (cables, insurance and so forth).

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Typical markups at places like Best Buy are close to 50% (of final price, 100% over cost), so I don't think anyone is going out of business taking $300 off of MSRP. Secondly, if the price that someone finds online is lower than the 'dealer' cost, I'm sure Sears has an out.

Reading your post it seems you are giving me a hard time for trying to get the best deal for equipment using a advertised deal from Sears, I guess I don't understand... I suppose I could give them more money than their deal would imply, but why?

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Dave Schofield - ME? giving you a hard time?? NO NO! not in the least. I took the Sears deal and used it at another shop to get a lower price. I only mentioned if they would match the deal Sears would give me. They asked what Sears offered. Stunned, I made up something and they took it.

I'm certainly not getting on anybody for getting a deal. Sorry if it sounded that way!

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
Mike L -
Pretty much any online retailer should work as long as they're selling new in the box a-stock. The associate should be able to help you out, if they give you any problems just ask for the manager. This time of year we're so desperate for sales we keep track of sales on the RPTV's and use the price match as a closing tool. We usually get paid around $150 for selling an HD RPTV so we'll usually bend the rules for you a little bit.
Dave Schofield -
The outlet or B store, not sure what it would be, should be just fine. If they don't have it in stock, they should be able to order it for you. If you need any help on that end shoot me an email [email protected]
Rod -
Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but I'll see if I can answer it for ya. Basically we make our cash on the poor saps that don't shop around for the best deal. Also, Sears makes about half of their profit as a company from interest on Sears Cards, 21.9% interest! So if we sell a TV regularly priced at $2000 for $1800, 6 months of interest gets the difference right back.
As for the dealer cost issue, I was surprised at work today by how few people actually know how to find that out. One of our managers asked another manager, neither of them knew, so the lowly little sales associate (that'd be me) had to show them.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave - answers a few question. I paid for my rptv with cash (like 20's and 50's lol - I love doing that) and they were really pushing for me to charge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks